Monday, October 22, 2007

Ah! Finally in Brazil


We arrived in Salvador on Thursday, four days ago, and we leave again for Durban, South Africa on Wednesday, the day after tomorrow. I´d been sending updates from our boat on our extremely limited (and temperamental) boat´s e-mail system but now see that only one of the three I wrote made it to the blog, so I´ve just now manually put them in.

I think I´ve figured out the e-mail problem and can keep friends and family better informed on this next leg. Time is short today but hopefully I can get something more substantial here before we sail Wednesday morning. Suffice it to say, I am doing very well, having a great time, and am utterly pleased with our boat, crew, and skipper.

More later, I hope.

(The photo above is from an e-mail a fellow Uniquely Singapore crew member just sent to me from Singapore. It was taken last August during our our final training weeks. I was up in the mainsail...reefed, which gave me pocket to sit in... removing an old and outdated sponsor´s sticker.)