Tuesday, October 30, 2007

At the Helm

Position 24d 03m S, 25d 35m W.

[photo posted in Durban November 20th]


The entire fleet has hit the high pressure system everyone was trying to avoid so our 200+ mile days have dropped to 60. Even so, the weather is beautiful with cool and breezy days sun-drenched enough to be shirtless yet comfortable, and nights full of dazzling stars and fair temperatures below decks.

A few days ago, in my priveledged position of Director of Uploaded Media* I sent in a photo accompanying someone else's diary entry that highlighted the diarist but also featured me at the helm during the race start, leading the entire fleet out into the Atlantic (for the first few hours at least). I can't begin to imagine where on the Clipper Ventures web it can be found--their logic confuses me--so you'll have to dig for it yourself.

*In addition to Director of Uploaded Media, I'm also Directer of Universal MacGyver-type Maintence and Emergency Repairs, i.e., DUM and DUMMER