Sunday, February 17, 2008

In China, but unable to upload

I'm in China now, having endured the most challenging, cold, rough, and taxing sail of this voyage so far to get here. The Southern Ocean has nothing on the Yellow Sea. I've got a deep purple bruise the size of my head on my right thigh and a small gash on my head (healing nicely). On the positive side, at least it's nice to know that my body still bounces rather than breaks.

Lots to tell, many pictures to upload, but I'm currently having a problem accessing my blog. I don't know if it's this particular hotel's computer, connection, or if it's Chinese censorship. For now, all I can do is post by e-mail.

I'd much rather let pictures tell the story when I have the means to do so, but for now I can't. Here, then, is a link to one picture of our arrival ceremony two days ago.

I'll keep working on uploading pics and such.