Saturday, May 24, 2008

My Jamaican Posse


Besides Jamie, I've also have my daughter and three of her friends here, something they've been planning for almost a year. Standing at the dock the other night (it was probably 1:00 a.m. when we eventually got in), they all were there. A friend on another boat leaned over as we docked next to him and said, "Tim, you've got to write a book."
"On what," I asked.
"On how you do that," he said, gesturing towards the five screaming, waving, shouting, enthusiastic women calling my name over and over.

These last two days here, many of my friends (and strangers, too) have passed us and then stopped to turn around and stare in wonder as I and five women walk down the street.

I'm back on the boat in a few hours and should be in New York at the North Cove (www.thenorthcove.com) on June 1st or so. We'll be there only two or there days. Stop by if you're in the area.